Friday, October 21, 2011

Baby blanket,cap and shoes


I have been using some time to make some baby blankets. I have made them in several colors and given them away to friends. At the clinic where I used to work I gave some as gifts. I wish I knew how to make crochet baby shoes but I have such a hard time with that so I decided to see if I could make one of those cloth ones we see in the net. This one in the photo was just to see if I could actually make it. I like that they are so small and cute.

I had a left over piece of flannel cloth that looks like a quilt with different squares that's a left over from a baby blanket I made. I used that to make these baby shoes. Next time I will use one solid color for the shoes.

6 comments :

  1. Wonderful work! I always find that there are more patterns for knitting than for crocheting! Steph of Yarn Harlot posted a huge number of gorgeous baby knits back in September (http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2011_09.html), among which a very interesting zig-zag thing that becomes the cutest hat ever - I just wish it were a crochet pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! I love the various textures of the baby booties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francesca - I want to learn more crochet for babies. Talking about crochet I love that scarf you made. The yarn looks so soft and absolutely beautiful.
    Anonymous - Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty Angela. I did not know you could crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the multicolored booties! It gives them some extra character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the slightly mismatched shoes as well. It makes them unique and they look so soft too.

    ReplyDelete