Thursday, September 3, 2015

Recipes that freezes well

Casseroles that freezes well !

I have been looking for recipes that freezes well. This one was a great one. The flavor was intact after being frozen for a few days. I find myself in the kitchen a bit too much when we have company so I thought why not try to freeze food ahead of time? We live in a rural area and it takes 25 minutes to get to a grocery store so it is wise to have things made ahead.
Do you have a favorite recipe that freezes well?? I would love to hear about it. Share the link if you wish.


Mission Casserole

1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1 large onion diced
 1 can cream of mushroom
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 8oz cartoon of sour cream
1 can of mixed vegetables
1  8oz package of noodles, cooked
1 envelope of dried onion soup

Fry ground beef, (I added a bit of vinagar and seasoned salt.)
Add the onions cook till onions are transparent then add the rest of ingredients. 
Cook at 350 - for 30-40 minutes.
I have replaced the can of mixed vegetables for frozen vegetables (1 and 3/4 cups)
I have used plain yogurt instead of sour cream. It worked well.
When ready to serve pour over some bread crumbs. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in frying pan and then add about 1/2 cup bread crumbs , let it get a golden color and place over the casserole before serving! 
Also...what do you think....leave the paper towel displayed in the kitchen counter or hide it in the pantry???
Yes, that is one very old pan...but it works so well to place it in the freezer. 

5 comments :

  1. This looks delicious. I find that ground beef casseroles freeze great. I rely on these types of casseroles a lot, especially for the work week, I can make one up on the weekend and it lasts well into the week or can be frozen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! I have noticed that as well that beef casseroles do freeze pretty good. Thanks for your visit!! I am trying to remember to came back to blog world a bit more. This blog will never a gorgeous or glamorous one though. :)

      Delete
  2. I love recipes that freeze and unfreeze well... Very convenient when late staff meetings begin in November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how did I miss that you are blogging again. Guess I am a bit behind in my blog reading. :)
    I love this recipe and have just printed this page to add this to my menu. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your visit ladies!!

    ReplyDelete