Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Autumn


Autumn!
It has been a good Autumn!

We got a few foggy days then the fog lifted and it has been so nice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
                                                



I made some pesto with all that basil we had. I'm sure that I could eat pesto three times a day. Basil is very good for your health. It offers DNA protection, it has anti-bacterial properties and anti-inflammatory and it also helps the cardio vascular system.


 The recipe is from allrecipes.com  . I used sunflower instead of pine nuts. It's much more affordable.

My husband likes it with a slice of his homemade whole wheat bread.


Autumn is also a time for festivals and I went to one with a lady from church. We had fun and even purchased a few things. The food was great.

This booth had soy candles that smelled pretty delicious. I do not like it too strong and they had some that were a bit more toned down. Pumpkin spice was actually very nice and so was the vanilla. The fragrance that had more of a presence was from these potpourri. 



They had cappuccino scent in those smaller scent cubes. My friend is checking them.

 These garden decorations were sure pretty to look at.

 Recycle big time! Made with plates, candle holders, saucers, etc.



 Lovely crochet!! I wanted them all of course.
 Beautiful hand made cards! We both got some of those cards and the price was less than 2 dollars which was a bargain.
 Another booth had these earrings made from wedding glass beads from Mali. They're 100 year old. It is opaque glass. The artisan and her husband bought the beads that came sort of dirty and really looking old. She cleaned them and made the earrings. I got these yellow ones. Sadly she doesn't sell online.


I needed to get out, I am new in this state and it's just fun to just get out and be with a new friend. Make memories and refresh the mind.
I had a few more things to share but I will save it for the next post.
Wishing you a lovely week!

Hugs,

Angela




8 comments :

  1. Hi Angela, it looks like you're having a lovely autumn so far. Your pesto looks really delicious. I love to make pesto and I, too, could eat it three times a day! Yum. Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good craft fair. The crochet pieces are so intricate. My crochet skills run more to the simple, chunky variety. :) Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post---so many gorgeous photos!! I think my very favorite is top one though--of the fog over the field. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful pics!!
    Have a great weekend---It'll be Thanksgiving for us here in Canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angela,

    Your pictures of nature are beautiful. The landscape is spectacular. I too love to make my own pesto. I use it in so many ways but I did not know all the health benefits that it has. Even more reason to make more of it.

    I too love fall festivals. We have may by us which we love to attend every year. I do love those cute tea pots you showed fron one of the vendors.

    Have a great week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pesto too, never thought to make it with sunflower seeds - your new/old earrings look amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The earrings are really nice, I'd love to have a pair, especially interesting as they are beads over 100 years old. Never made pesto, perhaps I should start! And I have tried crochet lessons via Youtube, but I really need someone with crochet skills to sit down with me and teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are back dear Angela, it's so good to see your nature beautiful photos (you have a natural 'eye' to it), and see the photos and read about your life in the countryside.

    I looked for you a few times, trying to reach out for you again.

    Let's keep in touch!

    Have a blessed weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually love foggy mornings when I don't need to drive. I think it's soothing.

    ReplyDelete