Monday, February 1, 2016

February is here!

We have a lovely day with sunshine and the highest predicted to 32  degrees Fahrenheit! I went outdoors and it feels warm and I presume it is because the temps was on the "minus" for awhile.
Learning (again) how to do cross stich.


Tried a baked macaroni recipe.
Organizing our kids old books then I can pass on to them so they can someday use for their own kids.


 Our kids just loved "The Littles." There was also the cartoon on Saturday morning. It is so good to fill children's imagination with good books. I just got the "Tales From The End Cottage." I had seen it in someone's blog and it looked like something our kids would had loved when they were small so I got to add to their books to be passed on. It was forwarded here from England. So, did I see this in your blog??? Anyway, thank you!
 I know that in the ipad I can have lots of books but still there is a sweet feeling to hold in your hands your own book.
There you are sunshine!
No I did not made the cake but a lady from nearby who is very talented.
The neighborhood watcher.
I thought I would again give a try on the No Knead Bread.


This is my take on the lovely Jess Brown rag doll. Links here.  Facebook page.
It has not buttons so very young children can play with it. Jess Brown dolls costs over $200 dollars and they are made with vintage material. Now with her book out she let us have a chance to make our own at home.

I just read at "Rose Chintz Cottage" that people are not able to follow blogs in blogger if they don't have a google account. For this reason people are loosing followers, they are taken out of your followers list if your follower doesn't have a google account. Interesting info you might want to check it out. Here.
May you have a great week dear friends!  Thank you for your visit. I enjoy all of your blogs and I am happy that we can form a circle of friends around the globe.  Many blessings upon you!


Angela






28 comments :

  1. So many of my favourite things are in this post.

    Nothing beats the books in hand in my opinion too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie for your visit! Hope you have an awesome week!!

      Delete
  2. I can remember with an aching fondness when the boys decided their childhood books were too young for them, it was me that wanted to keep hold of them, so a few have been stashed away and the rest have been re-homed. I fully know it is the boys' childhood I was keeping - and the books were the link x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stashed some away! The boys will thank you a few years from now when you show them those books. I did gave a few away as well.

      Delete
  3. I too kept a very few of the most precious childrens stories. Precious memories are written between the lines of the stories each time they are read I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you saved some of the books. Indeed they are precious memories!!

      Delete
  4. I am glad to hear that you all have saved some of your children's old books. Indeed the memories linked to each one is precious. Thank you ladies for your visit and comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is lovely and it's a perfect activity for winter days. Love your neighbourood watcher, it looks a lot like my Milo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magali! That is our gran cat Mimsu. He entertain us. Your Milo is adorable!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely books!!!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas Gracias por la visita, mui amable!! Un abrazo!!

      Delete
  7. I liked everything in your post! But above all, I felt the aroma of the baked bread and loved the dolls !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit Marion. I looove bread!!! Have you seen these Jess Brown dolls?? They are incredible but a bit too expensive for me so I thought about trying to make my own and she has the book teaching us to make them.

      Delete
  8. Hello, I loved seeing your photos! You have a vert special slice of life and a cozy blog! You do many things that appeal to my heart! I think the breaf made my mouth water! Books and bread and for me crocheting is living the life!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I so understand about taking the meds, but the high blood pressure was out of control, and I thank God for the gift of getting it back under control!
    I do hope to visit again soon!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and comment! I am happy that your blood pressure is fine now. Like I said I may have to end up using meds some day as well.

      Delete
  9. I loved seeing the pictures of little snippets of your life! Your bread looks so delicious with that jam! And your little neighborhood watcher so cute! It is a wonderful idea to save your books you read with your children and pass them on, some wonderful memories there! And it has been years since I've done cross stitch too... you are doing a great job! Enjoyed your recap of the days at home, so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit!! I enjoyed the visit to your blog and plan on going back.

      Delete
  10. Love your embroidery. Recently I returned to stitching after what seems like eons, and I quite enjoy it. I have a ton of kids' books from my childhood and even my mother's which I deeply treasure. Hope my children will love them for their kids one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you have saved some of your books, your children will love them and pass on to their children someday. That is wonderful.

      Delete
  11. Your embroidery is lovely. You're inspiring me to get going with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I have enough patience to do cross stitch embroidery. I started one a long time ago and it is still unfinished. And to do anything like that I have to take my glasses off and then I can't watch TV at the same time!
    Nice children's books. I have a lot of books, but my grandchildren are getting older so I will give some of the baby books to my friend who will become a grandmother for the first time in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love embroidery and wish I could learn a bit more. I bet you can do make lovely embroidery work. Thank you for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  13. Thank you, your visit and comment means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cross stitch is so lovely and that decorated cake looks amazing. It must have been good to enjoy some warmer temperatures. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes the lady who makes those cakes is indeed awesome. Thank you for your visit Sarah!

      Delete
  15. Oh Angela, seu bordado está lindo e tão bem feito, eu tentei mas sou uma negação :( Na realidade o problema é conseguir colocar a linha na agulha, rsrsrsrs.

    Esse bolo está muito lindo, e um dia desses vou experimentar a fazer esse pão, adoro pão.

    Deve ser muito lindo o lugar em q você mora, mas é muito frio Angela, isso deve ser difícil pra você, não?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sim e muito frio aqui Regina. Nao ha muita neve mas a temperatura aqui fica perigosa. Mas fazer o que, porque o marido foi transferido aqui entao aqui estamos! Gosto de bordados e gostaria de aprender mais. Muito obrigada por suas visitas!

      Delete