Thursday, February 11, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

It is a day dedicated to love and living in a planet that needs so much love we need to remember to pass on love to others. Give your loved ones a big hug and your attention and that is a great gift.










We plan on having such a cozy supper. I promised myself to polish and paint my nails red. He likes things kept simple. Chicken soup, The Pioneer woman has this recipe that we both love and I have made several times and instead of using a whole chicken I use chicken breasts cut up. Chocolate cupcakes. I know I do a terrible job decorating but hey it tastes good. We do plan in going to a restaurant for dinner Sunday in early afternoon for a proper celebration. Sorry for the quality of these photos. It's always so dark around here in the Winter.
Not sure if to make him a card using these little accordion hearts and ribbons which I have a few or just give him the "Monet" card. I think it is good when you create your own card. It's more personal and meaningful. It is just the two of us here and no children so we must make an effort to be romantic this Valentine's Day. I do wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!
 XOXO

Angela

14 comments :

  1. Beautiful post! Happy Valentine's Day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a lovely celebration. The Monet card is appropriate for a Valentine, I think. But making your own card is really nice, too. My dinner tonight was chicken soup, and it looked very much like yours. Enjoy Valentine's Day with your beloved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and a lovely blog! Best wishes for a beatiful Valentine´s Day...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day my friend!

    To me the important is to celebrate love, and simple is beautiful.

    We had a quiet and special day, in a very cold, cold day.



    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for the beautiful blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! You are a sweet and kind person!!

      Delete
  7. i love the cupcakes, and you are much better at frosting than i am! i honestly keep forgetting that today is actually valentines day! we had about 3 celebrations for the kiddos throughout the week and it just felt like the holiday had passed :) that chicken noodle looks delicious... will certainly have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cupcakes. You made everything special. We just had a quiet day. I guess next year I better up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit and comments dear ladies!! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it was sweet of you to go to the effort of making it special. I liked your red font and think it was perfect for this post. I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the cupcakes to your soup to your crafts and tulips, everything looks wonderful, Angela! Thanks for all your visits. The photo you were asking about is at our Brackley Beach which is about ten to fifteen minutes from our home. We love going there in the summertime. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete