Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hello!!!

Just a Sunday Hello!!


Pork shoulder roast. I do have one of these old fashioned roaster and really like it.

 Afternoon tea today was about 4 in the afternoon. The little table is our breakfast corner in the kitchen. I keep some of the books we are reading there in a small basket and also our devotional. The A.S. Byatt and the other book are my husband's. Dark chocolate is a treat with some tea. The newspaper, I was reading what my husband wrote. He was asked to introduce himself and that long column on the right of the page was written by him. We moved here last June.

That mug is from the University of Pennsylvania where my son went to college. He graduated already and he is now in law school
  The beautifully carved wood tea box is from India, daughter Mary gave us as a gift. We have a couple of them. I am not sure what metal is used for the detail on top of box. The wood will transfer it's essence to the tea inside, she told me.
I make my own kefir so this way I make sure there is no sugar added to it as it is the case with the ones we buy at the stores. It's delicious with fresh papayas. It works good with any fresh fruit and a bit of honey if one really desires sweetness.

 Mimo, (a.k.a the neighborhood watcher) is taking a break. He is always looking out the window or asking to go outside for a few minutes.
I went out to see if I could spot any animals in nature but as you can see there was only silence and the heavy clouds keeping us under a gray veil. This lake is about 4-5 minutes walk East of the house. 
The road to the lake!

      It's relatively large and it expands to right beyond where the eye can see.
                   Looking just a bit to the right, and the lake keeps going...not an animal in sight.

                                                       We got snow this morning.

 I said: The white snow is all around, it is a white world!  My husband answered: "Well, it must make you happy since you love white."
I will go back to the camera and fix this thing of showing the date on the photos. I apologize!
I have embroidered a "T" this time. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. I'm just having fun. I have however ordered a few things from a master in embroidery who is Ms. Monica in Italy. When it all gets here I will show you all. She is an inspiration. If you want to take a look here is a link to her site. Monica- Link  .      
I hope you are having a great Sunday and wish you a wonderful week!! Oh watch for the moon tonight for it promises to be spectacular, and no matter where you live we are in the same earth, under the same moon!! I love to watch the moon don't you? Tonight – February 21, 2016 – the full-looking waxing gibbous moon closely partners with Regulus, the brightest star in the constellation Leo the Lion
~xoxo~

Angela





12 comments :

  1. Love your T and tea box. Monica does beautiful work. The hardest thing I ever did was on linen. It is a chore but so beautiful when completed.

    Thanks for the glimpse into your Sunday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is out today and it is a welcome sight! We too have been buried in a cloud of gray and my spirit (and photos!) have suffered, as well. The cold dark days do encourage me to cook though and your dinner looks amazing. My mom had a pan just like that and seeing it has me recalling fond days at home! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Angela, for your visit always so dear. I was also very happy with the gift from my mother. Tilda was not made by me. Was a dear blogger, Lia, from this blog: http://www.otachodapepa.com/
    The landscapes are beautiful with snow. I was in Germany in late January and I could also see a bit! A warm embrace from here - almost 40 C degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh snow!! this our second year without snow. i miss it. we seem to be onto spring though. the flowers are blooming, the apple trees are budding, and the grass is that glowing spring green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all these pics...Especially love your embroidered letter 'T'---awesome good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your visit and comments dear friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved visiting your blog today, I too have one of those old fashioned roasting pots and I love mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roasting pan reminds me of my mother. She had one of those and used it all the time for roasting. I remember how wonderful her chicken tasted. I love to eat dark chocolate with my tea. Your tea box is exquisite. Enjoy the week ahead. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a lot in common, Angela. I have the same favorite roaster (a gift from my mother in-law almost 40 years ago now!) And I make my own kefir, too. I can't have dairy while on the Whole 30 program, so my kefir grains are tucked safely away sleeping in the fridge getting fed every few days. I think of them as my babies! (weird, I know.) I loved spending your morning with you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a lot in common, Angela. I have the same favorite roaster (a gift from my mother in-law almost 40 years ago now!) And I make my own kefir, too. I can't have dairy while on the Whole 30 program, so my kefir grains are tucked safely away sleeping in the fridge getting fed every few days. I think of them as my babies! (weird, I know.) I loved spending your morning with you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Sunday inside looks so cosy and welcoming. It was fun seeing what you were up too. it looks very white and cold outside no wonder you can't enjoy any snowdrops! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely view into a Sunday in your home x your neighbourhood watcher is so sweet x

    ReplyDelete