Saturday, March 5, 2016

Feeling Joyful

It's so nice to get something marvelous and new in the mail. I ordered a few lavender sachets from Monica in Italy and what a Joy it was to get that package yesterday. Oh my goodness, the embroidery is beautifully done. Each one of these are little master pieces and the scent of lavender is heavenly! I love to open drawers that contains lavender sachets.Wish you could sense the perfume through the computer screen.

Monica has better photos of it here in her facebook page

The heart was a gift and it doesn't have lavender inside but all the others have!! What a happy aroma!
I got a gift of embroidered towels by the ladies from church. I love simple sack towels, they are large soft and with embroidery makes it more special.



 I made these the other day. The little paper attached to them is to remind me where they came from and give them credit. The one in the left is from here. The one in the right is from here.
           
    This is a very old crochet book I got in a used book sale. America's Crochet Book by Gertrude Taylor.

Sometimes I like to have just a small smoothie for dinner. I was glad to find the brewer's yeast at the grocery story in the health food area for it adds some vitamin B. The honey I put on a ball jar because I get them in a huge jug and it would be hard to pour. 

 Hope you are having a great day and will have a marvelous week ahead.
Many thanks for taking time to visit and to make a comment. It means a lot to me. Thank you!
May your week be blessed!
XOXO

Angela

19 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Kuni, thank you! I enjoyed your post as well!

      Delete
  2. I especially love the work on linen. It is hard to do but so beautiful when done. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love linen Marie, I know the clothing wrinkles a lot but I like that about linen. Thank you for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Angela. Does Monica have an on-line shop? Her embroidery is so beautiful. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica has a blog as well. Follow that link to her facebook and there you can "talk" to hear via facebook chat or go to her blog and find e-mail there. I used her facebook and talked to her there. Thanks for the visit!!

      Delete
  4. hello angela,
    lovely post.monicas embroidery are so beautiful, i love it.beautiful grannys love the colour.
    love the nature photo.
    have a nice sunday,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today (Sunday) has been lovely and sunny here! We went out for a walk. Thank you Regina for you visit and comment!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, the lavender sachets are gorgeous and the towels are amazing, so much work has gone into making them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the work on the sachets and towels is just gorgeous and so is your crocheting. I have often wanted to learn both, but sadly it keeps getting pushed to the back burner. I keep saying one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lavender sachets are wonderful and must smell so good! Forgot to mention before I am following you through feedly. I find it easier to pick up my reading list from there. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica's work is beautiful. I hopped over to her Facebook page and I love everything she does. The heart she gave you is so charming. Sachets are such a simple pleasure, and I'm ready to have some in my drawers again. Your post has inspired me. And I LOVE those embroidered dish towels. They look so vintage. Your granny squares are very pretty. Nice job. This post was a joy for me to see this evening. Oh, and your smoothie looks delicious! xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies for your comments! I hope this inspires you to start making things for Christmas time or for any occasion your hearts desire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lavender sachets look so gentle and touching. I can image how they smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh those embroidered lavender bags are a thing of beauty, and so are those embroidered cloths. gorgeous. your granny squares are so pretty too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a lovely post Angela! You are quite the talented lady with all you do as well, but I do love Monica's work, just the sweetest little sachets ever! And what a lovely gift to receive such lovely towels from the ladies at the church. I have just recently started making kefir as well! I put it my smoothie every morning - yum :) Enjoyed this post today, and hope you are having a very special Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angela, I love the sachets and the towels from the ladies at church. That is really special that they made them for you. I love the pastels in your crochet as well. So pretty! Inspiring me to start some crochet in spring colors. Jeannine:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pretty sachets and crochet! Thanks for your lovely visit.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! so much talent! the sachets are gorgeous, and so are the towels. i too enjoy smoothies... although never for dinner, but i really like the idea :) that one looks extremely tasty!!

    ReplyDelete