Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Easter!

I love this time of the year, the temperatures are not too cold or too warm and earth is just waking up from the long Winter. I also love Easter because it is a time to remember the resurrection of our Lord!
I have also picked a project. This yarn has been in my yarn bucket for awhile so I decided to make a shawl for my daughter.  The pattern is in German but I followed the diagram that is pretty self explanatory.
Here you can find the diagram
Crochet and tea time!
 I made a sample of the pattern with this synthetic worsted yarn first.

I think that this made in a color like ecru would look pretty!
The snow has melted !! This little park is by where we live. The kids in the neighborhood play in there when the weather permits.
 In a few more months there will be water under this bridge and a huge number of frogs.
 This patchwork balls are so cute and easy to make. It's great for babies! There are two more babies coming up this Summer (nephew's kids.) I will make a couple more and use some of these pieces of fabric. A little bell inside adds interest to a young child. The pattern for it can be found here in Melissa's blog,  click here:  Tiny Happy                                                                                                              

   This is the smallest one. You can play with the pattern and make in different sizes.

        Happy Easter!!    We pray for peace!!   

Angela


13 comments :

  1. Angela, the shawl is coming along nicely; it's going to be beautiful. The baby balls are sweet. Love the idea of little bells inside. We had a nice weekend weather-wise here, and then today it was cold again. But that's how it is in the mountains of Northeastern Oregon this time of year. Prayers for a safe trip to Iowa. xo - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in the shawl. I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty shawl. It's going to look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous shawl! Amazing that you can crochet it without English instructions, I would be so lost! Your local park looks like a delightful place... I agree this time of year is lovely when it is not too hot or cold! Have a blessed Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely fabrics! I'm a bit of a fabric hoarder, even though I mostly just imagine the things I'll do with pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an intricate crochet pattern. And I love the patchwork balls. You chose cute fabrics for them. Isn't it nice to have spring coming? We have crocus blooming and some folks in town already have daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy making that lovely shawl and the patchwork balls. It must be strange to no longer have snow. Hope you had a lovely Easter. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think shawls are always useful and look so classy. This one has a very nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know how to crochet, but I have always wanted to learn. What a pretty pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for your visit and comments! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that shawl is incredible! and the balls are absolutely adorable... will have to check out that link. i really enjoyed hearing about the park and the changes that will happen. look forward to seeing the change once summer arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bom dia!

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    What beautiful things Angela, you are so artsy and crafty.

    The weather here is changing slowly, in fact, it was very cold last week.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bom dia!

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    What beautiful things Angela, you are so artsy and crafty.

    The weather here is changing slowly, in fact, it was very cold last week.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete