Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summer!!

Wonderful weather these last few days and we even had some rain as well. We have a neighbor with a lovely bush full of Elderflowers and since I heard it has medicinal properties I decided to use some of the flowers to make a syrup. I got almost two quart jars full. I have one in the freezer. You can use the syrup mixed with seltzer water or add to your tea. I love the aroma of these flowers.  I searched the internet and found this site here.http://georgiapellegrini.com/2011/06/14/recipes/homemade-elderflower-syrup/



 Summer is the best time for nice and cold smoothies. I used half frozen banana with peach and blueberries. I also added just a couple tablespoons of powder protein.
 I got three basil plants nice and full of leaves so it was time to make pesto. We love it with our homemade bread. Basil is good for it helps to control blood sugar.
 Summer is also a great time for caprice salads...nice and easy! No cooking in these warmer days.
We just done watching "Doc Martin." I do hope they will have more episodes. We loved it.  We are now watching "Inspector Morse." Are you watching any new series? What do you recommend? Hope Summer days are treating you right. Hugs from ND.
XOXO
Angela

11 comments :

  1. Love the summer salads, especially when the greens come out of our garden.

    Not much on tv this time of year. I like the PBS shows too. Endeavour was great. I think it's over now here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello angela,
    in the past years have i made elderflower syrup, it taste wonderful. with the berries can you make somethingd,too. your salad looks wonderful.
    i watch inspector lewis.
    have nice summerdays,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foyles War is a show you may enjoy. Don't you just love the fresh produce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela - Well aren't you having fun! I hope all is well with you as I was keeping you in my prayers a while ago and now you're back so I assume it did. Love Doc Martin also and just heard they're making one more that should be out next year. We also love "Grantchester" and enjoyed "Turn - Washington's Spies". Hubs and I are joining daughter's family in New Hampshire for a few days next week and will be taking the cog train up Mount Washington a mile in the clouds! Enjoy your summer and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I could just eat that last photo - yum! I could mentally smell the scent of the basil - it is one of my favourite flavours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Doc Martin. They say the eighth season will be the last. :(

    Your foods always make me feel better just by visiting. Thank you so much for sharing the health benefits of basil- I did not know and plan to implement it more into my diet. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola!!! I would try to make pesto... someday.
    Happy week-end :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola!!! I would try to make pesto... someday.
    Happy week-end :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. We enjoyed the Morse series years ago, then watched "Inspector Lewis." Three new episodes of that are to begin on Sunday on PBS, so we are looking forward to that. Then there's the newer series "Endeavor" which shows Morse's early days in the police force. The Morse stories seem to be never ending!

    Beautiful elderberry flowers. They grow wild in our area. So pretty along the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We enjoy the Dr. Blake Mysteries on PBS. Another tortured soul who is a brilliant doctor. But beyond that, it's very different from Doc Martin.

    ReplyDelete