Monday, August 1, 2016

Rest and retreat

Retreat in Griswold, Iowa. It was a nice vacation and time to refresh our spiritual lives. Beautiful place surrounded by trees. This a Catholic retreat place. Oh so many lovely birds visited the bird feeders here. I love the hummingbirds at this place.



It was so humid that the camera lenses got foggy and it was hard to get photos that were not blurry.
 My sister in law entering our cabin. It had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry machine and drier, living room, dining room and a nice deck on the back.

 We met here in the bottom part of the building. The chapel is on the level above.
 My husband here in right corner. The lady in lavender was our evangelist. The youth bought us balloons with glow sticks inside.
 This was our music leader and she was very energetic.
 We had our meals here. Wonderful food.
 Campfire! I went indoors soon since I did not had bug spray with me. It was a bit humid too.


 Me back at home watching the sunset in the evening. No bugs, good temperature and beautiful horizon. My son the other day said: "Mom do you know you live in one of the most peaceful part of the world? " I said, yes and the silence here is precious.  Oh , and yes I am letting my hair go grey. I afraid of all the chemicals in hair products.


Summer has been good! Glorify the name of the Lord!
Wishing you a great week!
Angela

11 comments :

  1. Such pretty flowers, and the majestic trees at the retreat. It all looks peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very quiet and truly an ideal place for reflection.

      Delete
  2. It has been good. It looks like a peaceful place in a world of such turmoil. You are well and truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank the Lord for all he sends my way. :) Thank you for your visit Marie!

      Delete
  3. It seems a very quiet place!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so quiet. We were told if we meet any person walking to refrain from talking or even greeting for they are probably in prayer. There was a gift shop that had a few rosaries that were left behind by Catholics. I bought a couple even though I am not Catholic but my mom is. I entertained to idea that it probably belonged to a nun or priest and so many fervent prayers had been prayed with it. :)

      Delete
  4. Good morning sweet Angela.

    It's always so good to be close to Nature, to reenergize again.

    I have 2 sisters who have decided to let their hair go grey like you, and they are younger than I am... but I'm not ready to it, yet...

    Take care sweet Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sweet Angela.

    It's always so good to be close to Nature, to reenergize again.

    I have 2 sisters who have decided to let their hair go grey like you, and they are younger than I am... but I'm not ready to it, yet...

    Take care sweet Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister is still coloring, she prefers that. I say that a woman must do what she feels better with it. She still teaching so in her profession and life style I can see why she prefers to color her hair. Thank you so much for taking the time for the visit and comment Regina, you are a sweet person also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks a wonderful place for a retreat. It's hard to imagine it being too hot to take pictures! I too have often considered stopping using hair dye. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lenses in the camera was so foggy that indeed it wasn't easy to take photos. It was too humid in Iowa. Thank you for your visit Sarah!

      Delete