Saturday, October 15, 2016

October

This is a crochet rug that my mom gave to my daughter.  The color is ecru. Easy to reproduce.

Below is a set of covers for toss pillows.
Most of the time I make acorn squash with brown sugar and butter in center but was so happy to try daughter's recipe. We all enjoyed it. It has rice, mushrooms and we added pecans and Parmesan cheese to the stuffing which wasn't in the original recipe. This recipe is pretty close to the one she uses at her home. I believe she found at food.com
 In our way from the gym we saw some beautiful Fall colors.
 We made a small pre-Thanksgiving meal since daughter will not be here for that and hasn't been for the last 5 years. We had turkey breasts, fresh cranberry sauce, carrot casserole, massed potatoes, sweet potatoes casserole, homemade rolls and our favorite pumpkin pie.
 The sun from the window wasn't the best for photos.
Front of house....yeah I was have been leaning to the side when took photo.
 On side of house.
 Just a few herbs to dry.
 This is for Rhonda who wanted to see a close up of this tablecloth I had in the last photo.
 We love Anne Of Green Gables and made Marilla's Plum Tart. We have all the books and still have the old VHS that the kids had long time ago.  For recipe click here



Daughter knows that I love all kinds of bars of soaps, when I travel overseas I bring some home with me. She got this one from Turkey. Turkey baths... The coasters are part of some that I made to give as part of a bridal gift.
I hope the this beautiful Autumn finds you enjoying the weather!!
XX
Angela

21 comments :

  1. Marilla would be delighted to see those plum pastries!

    Love your autumn themed post, such variety and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm hungry! Thanks for the recipe for plum tarts. Love L.M. Montgomery and all things Anne. Yours look delicious. The leaves still haven't changed here. This is the latest I ever remember it still being green. Happy early Thanksgiving!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall colors are beautiful, love those big trees! How wonderful that you get to have an early Thanksgiving with your daughter, this past Monday (the 10th) was the Canadian Thanksgiving :) Your plum tarts looked amazing! I have never made plum tarts, and certainly had lots of plums this year. Yours looked very good! I have all of the Anne books too, as well as the others that LMM wrote. I too love handmade soaps, how special to have some from Turkey! Enjoy your time with your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing another picture of your new tablecloth. It is a lovely design. You must be so pleased with it. It's so beautiful the times you describe being with your daughter. It definitely looks like you are embracing life- wonderful. Now I am going to check out the plum tart recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food photos are making me hungry! It all looks amazing. Fall is a fun time of year for cooking isn't it? I also peeked back at your last post. What a neat trip. I never knew the American Gothic story. I always assumed it was husband and wife and that they posed together for the shot. Interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A neighbor used to crochet if someone would just buy her the materials, and she did her designs from memory. Those tarts look amazing, I enjoy baking also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your visit and comment! Hope that these cooler days of Autumn finds you happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Anne of Green Gables books and the idea to bake a recipe inspired by the book is great! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kids loved the Anne of Green Gables and daughter Meri still dreams of visiting Prince Edwards Island some day. Thanks for your visit!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh that pumpkin pie intrigues me a great deal :)

    I hope you have a great Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fall colors are embracing here and what a marvelous food .yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post, Angela! Our autumn colors were a bit disappointing in Connecticut this year due to a lack of rain. I can't wait for pumpkin pie, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin pie is my favorite pie Karen! :)

      Delete
  12. Dear Angela!
    Thanks for your kind visit on my little blog.
    So I had the chance to find you.
    Autumn is so beautiful in your country with all the delicious meals and the trees full of color.
    You are also very creative ....I love this.
    I wish you a happy time!
    With love,
    Geli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and comment Geli!

      Delete
  13. Your dishes look so delicious and your Autumn shades are so colourful. I love Anne of Green Gables was one of my favourite books as a child. I recently discovered all the Green Gable books and downloaded them to my kindle, it has been a joy to read them! My Granny used to make jam puffs but Marilla's recipe look even better including some plums. I would make it now if I had the ingredients! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The great Autumn colors are pretty much gone now and the trees look brown displaying only their branches. Pastries are wonderful!! Thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  14. You're making me hungry! I'm looking forward to the new Anne of Green Gables on PBS on Thanksgiving Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got to see with my mom-in-law and it was enjoyable!

      Delete