Monday, November 21, 2016

November 2016

It's about Thanksgiving. The year has passed rather quickly. The days are cooler here in ND however no snow yet and I am not complaining. I love to see some snow but it would be nicer if it stayed only for a couple of months or so. We are going to Iowa for Thanksgiving and I look forward to it. There is something nurturing and comfortable about the small town where we stay. It's so nice to be back there and see so many familiar faces. My daughter has been inquiring about making crochet stars. I made one by looking at a photo in the internet. It looks ok, don't you think?? I am curious about what she will make with her stars. A garland??? Tree ornaments? Add to the top of Christmas gifts? I 'm making a scarf and hat to donate to our church...we prepare a shoe box with some goodies for a child. I  will make these crochet items but also will add chocolates, game, puzzles and other fun things I may find.

An early Christmas gift from Japan
 A Christmas gift from Brazil....Hurray soaps...have I told you that I looove bath soaps? It is the first thing I look to buy when visiting places here in the US and abroad.
 Gift being organized to send to Brazil...there is a chocolate soap there and a cinnamon soap, these are going to my sister who also shares the love for soaps. I am ok with liquid soap but it's so nice to have your own bar of soap in your hands at bath time.
 I took a break this afternoon and made some of the tea my daughter bought from India. She was just here visiting. She did marvelous travels through India and got me some wonderful teas. I made the Sungma Second Flush this time. She also gave some Arya (Muscatle) Second Flush 2014 and Thurbo First Flush. She was pretty serious in giving me directions about which ones I can add milk and the ones I should not and also about the time to brew. One of them the brew time is just a few seconds. All I could say was whau!! The flavor is like no other. My mouth feels privileged.
 I added some milk to this and it was divine.  I will surely miss them when it's all gone and she now just moved to Singapore with her husband.
 Oh the muffins were pretty good also. Dutch Apple Pie Muffins. I got the recipe from www.divadicucina.com
I love to live in a rural community where I can see cows from the front of the house. It gives me such a sense of serenity and peace. It feels like a secret "last secluded place on earth."
 That is what our trees looks like now, sleeping till next year. The sky is gray and the air is crispy.
 The farmers had a great harvest. The elevator here in town have two huge amounts of corn and soy beans in front on the ground. The many trucks are coming and going working on it.

 A Lutheran church nearby...cute to see the steeple against the gray sky.
I have cooked many dishes and have them frozen to take to Iowa for our Thanksgiving feast. We do have many things to be thankful despite the world being a bit of a sad place. I wish each one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Angela

20 comments :

  1. Your crocheted star is very pretty. I see a lot of garlands made from them. Beautiful scenery in your part of the world. That church looks so peaceful. I miss nice white churches with steeples. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is wonderful isn't? Thanks for the visit Jane!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Angela. The muffins look delicious. I will try them.

    I love the cows in the countryside as well. They make it look like everything is well with the world. If only... however there's still much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, your little star is very sweet! I wish I had learned to crochet and now it's too late for me. {I have MD}. Your soaps sound lovely and I would love to try a cup of your tea. What a treat to have tea right from India! I don't have far to go to see cows here. Where we live is part city and part country; the best of both worlds! Have a marvellous Thanksgiving with your family and safe travels.

    Blessings
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Sandi. You can however make a table look like a dream, so elegant and like from a fairy Tale! Thank you for the visit!

      Delete
  4. And we can see cows from the back of our house! But the farming there is on a much bigger scale than here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love farms, big and small! Thank you for your visit Mimi!

      Delete
  5. you have beautiful views and I love when people blog about their surroundings. I think I take mine for granted and only "see" them when others comment on the snow or trees or flowers. I love how far you can see in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many beautiful places in this country and in the world!! I too love when people share about their surroundings! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  6. Your star looks amazing! How great that you were able to craft it without directions! All that tea sounded wonderful, what a treat indeed, and your muffins looked delicious too! Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can not make "everything" I see but I can manage sometimes. Those muffins were pretty good with tea! :)

      Delete
  7. Everything looks amazing. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you for taking the time to visit and comment!! As you can see that tea you bought has been put to good use.

      Delete
  8. Hello Angela,

    What a pretty handmade star. That is such a wonderful art. Your photos and gifts are lovely. The Dutch apple muffins look amazing.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Fondly,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Janet!! We had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed family time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. It must be fun to sample food and drink from friends aboard. The corn and soya bean mountains look huge! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the grain by the elevator looks like mountains! Thank you for your visit and comment!!

      Delete
  11. It's a beautiful star and I love everything they represent. I am going to look up your muffin recipe. They look divine and your tea and beautifully set table looks so inviting. A rural life is indeed a blessing. I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda, we had a lovely time Thanksgiving! Thank you for the visit!

      Delete