Tuesday, December 13, 2016

December 13

Hope this advent season has brought blessings to you! We are indeed into Winter around here. The temperatures have been pretty low. The meteorology department have been talking about the Polar Vertex is to blame for low temps all over the US. We got plenty of snow. Hope you're keeping warm this season!

 I started the little fox that I got from Alicia Paulson but have not yet made his clothes.
 This snow drift goes all around the house and it's pretty high.


 The wind was blowing for quite some time that day and this is how the road looked like.
 Enjoyed seeing this sundog in our way to the gym. Sun dogs (or sundogs), mock suns or phantom suns, scientific name parhelia (singular parhelion), are an atmospheric phenomenon that consists of a pair of bright spots on either horizontal side on the Sun, often co-occurring with a luminous ring known as a 22° halo.
 In the way to the gym, colorful sky. I called it the white, brown, blue, lavender, peach sky.
 These cuties live by the road we take to go to the gym to exercise.
 I have planted some paperwhites, the blossoms smell so good.
 I don't have the recipe for this because I got a recipe and then changed it so much that I have no idea not even which name to give to it. It did turned out pretty tasty. It has pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
 Every time I move from one country to another (which I have done a few times) I loose my cookie cutters. I got the 5 in the bottom right of the pan at a cute store that sold old and antique things in S.D.
 Star shape is so nice and goes with the thought of the "Star of Bethlehem." 
 I tried decorating some of the cookies.
The first hot chocolate of the season. I realized that I did not had a proper hot chocolate in the house so I made it with Droste, honey and plenty of whipped cream.
 Spice tea is good for you and the aroma all over the kitchen is heavenly! Don't leave the spice inside the tea for too long or it may turn a bit bitter.
 Winter wonderland!
When the days are short and we don't get to see the sun light for long hours we marvel at the sight of light that comes flooding indoors certain days.
Wishing everyone a wonderful advent season!
May the Lord bless !!
Hugs,

Angela

17 comments :

  1. Angela, your outdoor pictures are wonderful! We have lots of snow and cold temps here too. The Polar Vortex seems to be the blame for it all. I fear it's going to be a very long and cold winter. But when it's cold outside, it puts one in the mood for baking or least it does me. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi, Merry Christmas to you also!!

      Delete
  2. The days are short enough but the gray overcast sky rather than sunshine is depressing. You blog is a cheerful place however. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Winter but do not like icy roads and temps very low in minus side. Thank you Marie for your visit and kind words!

      Delete
  3. A very lovely post, Angela. I have hot chocolate every morning, now that I don't drink coffee. I make mine with sweetened vanilla coconut milk, Hershey's cocoa and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Yummy! That pastel sky is so beautiful. Don't you just love driving by fields with horses? One of my favorite things about where we live. . .lots of cattle ranches with horses. I couldn't believe it when I spied those 5 cookie cutters you bought at the antique store. My mother had some exactly like those 5. The red one is plastic. . . a santa, right? Wow! What wonderful memories I have of making Christmas cookies with my mother. Thanks for bringing that memory back. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hot chocolate sounds wonderful Nancy! Yummy! Yes, that red one is a Santa :) Glad this brought good memories! Hugs!!

      Delete
  4. This is why I love winter - those pictures!! So beautiful!

    Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind!! Sending wishes of a wonderful Christmas time to you!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, that snow drift is big! We don't get snow drifts here, as we have little to no wind for the most part, and for that I am very thankful. The skies are gorgeous! Also the picture of the church in the trees and snow is gorgeous! Your cookies look wonderful, I understand how things get lost in moving transitions. Glad you found some new cookie cutters :) Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and comment!! Happy advent season!

      Delete
  6. wow that is a lot of snow! we got a little sprinkle over the weekend.
    but it's getting cold..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got lots of snow and this year we have the very cold temperatures as well. Thank you for your visit Hena!

      Delete
  7. Your Mr Basil Fox is so cute! I love Alicia Paulson's work. Your hot cocoa looks divine as well! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love Alicia's work. I really like a mug full of hot chocolate! Makes life much more fun :) Thank you for the visit!

      Delete
  8. The snow looks so deep and beautiful especially when looking at it from the window. I hadn't heard of sundogs before. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your photos of your snow. Those drifts and the snow blowing across the road make me feel like I'm right there. Have a most wonderful Christmas, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurel! Wishing a wonderful Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete