Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jan 2017!!

Welcome to 2017!!
I thought I had relatively good photos from our Christmas dinner but they are too dark and blurry. I have got a few photos of the storms that we had and all the trees around the house had branches come down. One of those branches hit the bedroom wall where my son was sleeping but it was the smaller end of the branch so there is no damage to the house. I heard the big noise as it came down, it's scarry. Hope the new year will bring above all good health but also joy, happiness and safety!




 We had a nice panettone for Christmas! I grow up in a household that did that so the tradition continues. I don't make it but we usually get ours at Walgreens. The ones I like is made in Brazil by the Bauducco co.  They can be purchased online also. The cookies are made in Canada.
 It's traditional in our house to eat pomegranates for New Year's eve. I heard that many people dry and save 7 seeds and place them in the billfold to bring good luck in the next year. Dry the peeling to use for sore throats. Make a tea and gargle the tea for soothing a sore throat.
 This was taken from the car.
 This one is from a little town by us.

Bubbling hot pan of cabbage soup! It's light and helps one to loose weight. It's cleasing with all the fiber it has. Recipe : Fat burning soup

 I have been using the crochet needle again and making some of these coasters.
I enjoy using this new tea bag holder from Stash I got along with some loose tea leaves. I have always liked Stash but got more in love with it when I read somewhere that their product is free of impurities like heavy metals and such. Andi from My Sister's Knitter has got me interested in the tea bag holder when she posted about it. I like that there is no stapples to be send to landfills and hurt the environment.


 I got a gallon of local honey and had forgotten about it till now and it was hard to get it out of the plastic jug. I didn't want to place on microwave so I had it in low on oven. I finally filled all the small jars with honey. It has the small speckles of the honey comb which is nice. Lesson here, place honey in small jars as soon as you get awhile it still liquid.
 I got some wool yarn to make a blanket. I have seen this pattern (Hensfoot or Larksfoot stich) in the internet by many people and I like it.  Jennifer has great photos in her blog here. I am enjoying this yarn and it will be nice and warm.
I have basked full but have just ordered some other colors from Knit Picks.
Do you have any crafts projects going on?? I would love to see it.
May you have a wonderful New Year!!
Love,
Angela

16 comments :

  1. PRECIOSAS FOTOS Y HELADAS!!!
    ME ENCANTAN LAS LANAS!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas Gracias Alicia por su visita!

      Delete
  2. Yes, let´s hope 2017 will be a great and happy year! Always so nice visiting your blog and your pictures are so lovely...
    Have a beautiful day!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of activity at your house. The soup looks delicious. I make a lot of soup in the winter. It's especially comforting this year with the cold temps we're having. Your winter photos are pretty. I especially like the one with the red berries(?) wrapped in ice. Beautiful. Your crocheting is lovely. I'm told local honey helps allergies. Stay warm. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't soup delicious in Winter? That actually is a leaf starting to grow, preparing for Spring. Thank you Nancy for your kind words and visit!

      Delete
    2. That ice on the trees looks so familiar to me--haha!
      We had panettone at Christmas too. We use some for french toast!
      I can`t imagine having all that honey--WOW, so nice in tea.

      I am definitely going to try your soup recipe--looks yummy. I actually just made a little saucepan of French onion soup for hubby and I. It just felt like we needed soup on this yucky cold day!!

      Those little tea bags are so cool--never seen them before, but I will look though!!

      Last but not least--your colorful wool is so enchanting. It just warms you from the inside out to see balls of pretty wool and wonder what they are going to become. My mom was a fabulous knitter and she loved to do bright colored striped socks for us all every Christmas right up to the Christmas before she passed. I wear my last pair from her around the house sometimes, but I don`t want to wear them too much because she is not here any more to darn them for me. Funny, as I was typing this, I totally realized why your wool was so wonderful for me to see---it reminded me of my beautiful mom.
      Happy New Year to you and yours!!

      Delete
  4. Great variety in this post, Angela. I have a blanket similar to yours, a crocheted one done by my husband's grandmother. It is special to us.

    The freezing rain can look lovely on the branches but is so dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear angela,
    beautiful photos.soup is perfect for a cold winter day.your crocheting is wonderful, i love the coasters.
    wish you a beautiful new year!
    hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. The frost and ice makes wonderful landscape. I also love eating pomagrenate this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pomegranate appears in the grocery stores around here in the Winter. Thank you for your visit Magali!

      Delete
  7. It's a winter wonderland over there! It's so amazing how many shades of blue are in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete