Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April still

Snow in North Dakota this time of the year is not out of the ordinary but I was getting so happy with all the nice temps and the sunshine. My facebook friends from Finland had a few photos of the snow they got. I informed one of them that I wasn't to envious of their snow since we just plenty of it now. One might as well use humour in these situations.
I a cute crochet doily from my mom in law that belonged to her mother. I made a couple of copies of it. I might use it as placemates.
Poor flowers in snow 
 It got a lot more snow than it shows here.

 I had to try Irish Soda Bread with soup even if it isn't St. Patric's Day. Recipe from Ina Garten which Looks beautiful but it's best when warm for after it's cold it gets a bit dry. Tastes great too. This recipe   The recipe was from Karen's blog click here for the link to her blog ..Quarter Acre Dandelion Farm.    Karen posted the recipe at her March 18th post.
 This is the crochet I gave to church.

 This is the other blanket, the one made with wool and this is laying in a queen size bed. It measures 72" long  x 57" wide.
 I made a simple border

 Very interesting book. I love the color of this yarn, need to buy more of it so I can make something interesting with it. It's that washable Peruvian wool from Knit Picks.
 The neiborhood watcher is keeping his eyes open....there is a field in front of the window so he watches squirrels, birds and rabbits.

 A new embroidery kit from Alicia Paulson. Mimo had to inspect it all. I think it passed inspection.


 Husband holding the smaller crochet blanket I gave to church.
Hope this has been a great week so far and may the Lord been blessing you greatly!! Hope to visit your blogs soon. 

24 comments :

  1. I love the colors in the picture with Mimo and the wool blanket. Mimo also tends to make the picture look cozy. ;) Are the flowers going to withstand the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping these flowers indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blanket. Such a lot of work there, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Angela! Snow?! Well, it certainly looks like you are making the best of it with all your beautiful needle-works! Love everything - so many pretty things :) The bedspread must have taken a long time. It looks so colorful and cozy. With all that snow, I would be cuddled up under it, for sure! We are having very gloomy, gray days with rain that has broken all records. It's been a strange spring.....Stay cozy. Hugs and blessings xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is mostly melted now! Thank you Karen!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your kit, so lovely!!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! I have been enjoying embroidery again.

      Delete
  6. I made Irish Soda Bread years ago. It was delicious. Yours looks positively beautiful. Your needlework is amazing, Angela. I'm so impressed with the crocheted doilies, and the blanket is gorgeous. Love your cat! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy! Love the placemats - so pretty. I did some filet crochet many years ago but it's such tiny stitches I don't know if I could do it now. Glad you made the soda bread. It's the best recipe I've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen...I thought the bread recipe was from your blog but I went back there and couldn't find. I will give credit to you :) It's a pretty easy recipe.

      Delete
  8. That was a big project - your bedspread and the church afghan. They both are very lovely and the bedspread looks so homey and cozy. I am always so happy when I finish a large project. Most of the time things go well but when I lose my momentum - it really does seem to take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it takes a bit long to work on a big project but it's fun to work awhile watching a movie. It's good to have two of them so when you're tired of one you just crab the other project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm not sure I would get either done! Good for you! Did you decide to use the crocheted doilies as placemats? How did it work out? They are beautiful - including the edging.

      Delete
  10. April! Snow and sun! Well let´s hope May will bring us springtime now...
    We have had some lovely day´s here, I hope it will stay!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we hope the good weather will come to stay awhile. Thanks Titti!

      Delete
  11. Winter is just a bit of a bully I think! I'm sorry that your winter is still dragging on! Thankfully here our last snow was in March but we've had so much rain that our trees and flowers are still not quite bloomed out yet. Coming soon though! Your crochet work is impeccable! You are one talented lady! What a wonderful gift to give your church! I wish I knew how to crochet such pretty things as you do. I think your doilies would make gorgeous placemats! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn!! You are very kind.

      Delete
  12. I love the blanket that you made! It is so bright and cherry...just what is needed in the cold of Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very talented to be able to create the pretty doily and blanket. We love soda bread and I occasionly make it but we have found you do need to eat it quickly. It does make nice toast too. Hope the snow soon vanishes and you can welcome Spring. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you have snow this late in the year. Your poor flowers! At least, it leaves you some time to do some mazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week finally we have all melted and nice weather! Thank you Magali!

      Delete