Sunday, April 9, 2017

April!

We have had cool mornings since Spring started officially. The temp now is 52 degrees and quite windy. I have been so busy but now just a few moments to create a post and say hi! Do you remember when I mentioned this lap quilt/baby quilt? From here. I finally finished it. It's my first attempt to make a quilt. I am so excited!  I have never made anything like this before. So this is not perfect but it was a good learning opportunity. This gives me hope that I may be able to get one of Alicia Paulson's quilt's someday, maybe!


Flowers are starting to grow around the house.
 My daughter asked me for my recipe for granola so I had a desire to make granola again. It has honey and maple syrup, dried fruits like cherries, cranberries. coconut and blueberries. It also asks for raisins but since I had two cups of all the other dried fruits I did not put raisins in this time.
 Two quart jars full with yummy granola. I love this recipe with all the dried fruits.
 Spring is in the air.
My friend Paula (from church) gave me a great recipe for rice pudding. I added some cardamon to it which wasn't asked for in her recipe. I also did not added raisins or cinnamon. Added two tablespoons of condensed milk to it.

 This lake is just about 4-5 minutes walk from where we live.
 I finished this one and it's ready to be donated to church.
We had some very foggy mornings. It looks spooky but beautiful as well. This is our neighbor's

 The park is right after our backyard.
I hope to have time for a pic-nick and a walk by the lake this week. I also want to start embroidering something.  I just saw the movie "The Dressmaker" and thought it to be interesting.  Have you seen any interesting movies lately? We are watching "Call The Midwife." Also Murdock mysteries. Netflix is so good for that.  Are you watching anything you really like ? 

Rice Pudding recipe

          3 1/2 cups of milk
                                  1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
    1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
      1/2 cup raisins
  1 tsp vanilla

        

 In a large saucepan combine milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir constantly. Pour in greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
       Cover abd bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add vanilla and raisins.
Cover and bake and additional 15 min. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you wish and store in the refrigerator.


xoxo
Angela

38 comments :

  1. Such a wonderful collection of photos. Love your handiwork too, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! You are very kind!

      Delete
  2. Hi Angela - your quilt is lovely - I haven't tried to sew one yet but it's in my future. Also - I love rice pudding (told you - I have a sweet tooth!). I'd love it if you'd share the recipe (including the cardamom). I'll look for "The Dressmaker". Have you seen "Beauty and the Beast" yet? Even my husband liked it and he never wants to watch musicals. Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen "Beauty And Beast" yet. We will probably wait for Netflix. Thanks for your visit and comment Karen!

      Delete
  3. what an up-lifting post and your quilt is delightful, you sound very happy Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue!! I am happy most of the time despite life being notty to me sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Wow, lovely pictures. For some reason I always feel like fog is cozy. I'll have to try and make the granola soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!
    you live in a incredibly beautiful place .loved the fog pics so much!
    how lovely to have beautiful lake so near to you.
    hope your spring starts blooming more and soon my friend.
    your quilt is adorable ,it doesn't look that it is your first try ,it is just so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for nice comments and for following my blog! I used to have a Etsy stor when I lived in the usa, now when I am back in Norway I have a store on Epla, it is the Norwegian etsy.. :-) Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked into Epla but don't know how to find you there. Language barrier a bit but i suppose google translate helps with that. Wonder how or if it would work to buy a sweater through that but also don't know if it would be in my budget! :) Me and my husband we hope to make to Norway someday (In distant future) for a visit. Happy Easter!!

      Delete
  7. thanks so much, Angela. I can't wait to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you make it for a fun dessert!

      Delete
  8. Hello, Angela - I love your quilt - the fabrics are very sweet and the colors go so nicely together. The granola looks so good and thank-you for the rice pudding recipe. It brings back memories of staying over my best little girlfriend's house. Her Mom always made us rice pudding! The crochet blanket is sweet and that fog sure is atmospheric. It seems this time of year has a sampling of every kind of weather! Thank you for your sweet visit :) I am following back. Wishing you a lovely Easter. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came from a lady who is from Portugal but lives in New Zealand presently. It was just to learn. Thank you for your visit and comment Karen!

      Delete
  9. Your quilt is really nice!! I follow Alicia too, her photos have a special charm. I also cooked rice pudding the other day (it's a typical Spanish dessert), but I cook milk with cinnamon stick and lemon rind and I added the sugar ten minutes before finalizing. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por su visita Sopa Azul!! Mui amable!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful job on the quilt, I love the yellow theme you chose, it is beautiful! I have always made rice pudding on the stovetop, not baked. I will try your recipe soon, as I love rice pudding, it is a comfort food of sorts, I think! Gorgeous pictures of the happy blooms in your area :) Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! I feel encouraged but I still have much further to go before I can say I know how to quilt :) .

      Delete
  11. Angela I am so impressed with your quilt, it looks wonderful! It is good to see your first signs of Spring too. Those misty mornings do have a magical quality! Hope you manage to have your first picnic of the year. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is very beautiful. Have you decided what you will do with it? I like rice pudding too....and crocuses always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Ronda! I'm going to give the quilt to my daughter. I agree crocuses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is beautiful Angela! I can't believe that this is your first one because it looks amazing. If I made one it would be very obvious that I had a big learning curve to overcome. LOL! And that is why my mother makes the quilts in our family and I do not. ;) You are so blessed to live in such a a pretty area. Oh to have a lake that close. Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! May the Lord continue to bless you as well!

      Delete
  15. Angela, I can't believe this is your first quilt. It's wonderful. You did a great job! My mom used to make fantastic rice pudding. She always sprinkled cinnamon on top. Walking around a lake is lovely. We used to take long walks around the lake in Estes Park when we lived there. Enjoy! P.S. Beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I presume you're talking about Estes Park - Colorado? We loved the beauty of that place when we visited there a couple of years ago. I forgot to put cinnamon on top but I too like with just a bit of cinnamon. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  16. Your quilt is beautiful! I've long admired that apple fabric. Thanks for the rice pudding recipe! yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassie! I finally finished that quilt! Not perfect but it's fun learning.

      Delete
  17. Hello,Angela,
    Your April seems so charming. Your quilt is beautiful.It must be a lot of work to complete.I like the colors you picked up. Such a beautiful moments in your backyard you captured. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your quilt, just beautiful! Beautiful is also your pictures...like the foggy ones!
    Have a happy weekend, take care.
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for following me! Love your pictures! Have a wonderful week end!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That quilt is beyond beautiful! I love the sweet Spring colors. Looks just right for cuddling under during grey foggy days. :)
    Thank you for sharing the rice pudding recipe. It is one of my favorite desserts- I too would add cardamom. :)

    ReplyDelete