Thursday, July 13, 2017

After the Vacation

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have been recuperating after the vacation. I loved every minute in  New England. Went to Boston, then Onset, back to Boston and from there we got to go to Maine to see Ogunquit. It has been years that I had a dream to see Ogunquit beach. Then back to Boston again. In Boston we visited museums and did a bit of city walking, went to Quincy Market and around. We had fun visits with family members where we got delicious meals and eating out was also great. I ate a ridiculous amount of salt water taffy which is produced in that area. I have of course lots of photos but I will start with a few from Onset which was the first place we stayed for a few days.

 This was the cottage we stayed in Onset - Massachusetts. This was rented by the in-laws of our nephew. It had 6 bedrooms and we could see the ocean from the bottom and top balconies.

 It is a bay and the yacht club was nearby to the left. For me it was fun to see all the different boats.
 The water was just a bit chilly those days.


 Examples of architecture

 Rosa rugosa (wrinkled rose) which thrives by the sea.
 My crochet has been neglected later but it has grown a bit.
 Another old house - Onset. MA.



 We can see the ocean at the ahead as we walked towards from the cottage.


 Example of the old houses in the neighborhood.
 This an example of the new houses. This was was just made and the people moved in during the days we were in Onset. I heard it was bought for 180.000 US. dollars and completely renovated.
 A garden planted on bales of hay.

Hope you don't mind but I will add some more photos of this vacation. I highly recommend this are for vacations. I have some crochet and sewing projects but might wait till Fall/Winter to start working on them. About you, do you any projects you're working on now or waiting for Fall or Winter? 
Hope your Summer has been great. I will take time to visit all of your wonderful blogs.
Hugs!!
Angela

11 comments :

  1. Ah, you were in my neck of the woods! Isn't it a beautiful area? My family lives up there and came down her for a shower this weekend and my daughter just returned from a visit to Maine. There's nothing like New England in the summer. Thanks for sharing those lovely photos...the houses are just so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful area, Angela. The homes have a unique style and are lovely. It must have been great to realize a dream to visit Ogunquit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I love that the architecture seems to have such a joyous spirit, the vernacular style here is boring and restricted by historical influences and draconian planning laws. ..Most boring! I'm fascinated by the straw bale garden, did you get close enough to see if there was any soil involved? I've done something vaguely similar years ago where the bale is split in slices and soil is added, but it never looked as pretty at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, and thank you for sharing these pictures. New England is one of my most favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful...
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know that you had a wonderful trip. New England is such a lovely place! Those houses are so charming and i like the garden plant. Very pretty and well cared.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a nice time. I love New England, especially the houses. Everything has such a distinctive feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New England is definitely a place I'd like to visit some day. The houses are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your holiday destination looks wonderful. Those houses and marina look huge compared to here! I have always be keen to visit New England so it was wonderful to see your pictures! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photos Angela, you visited quite a few places. Did you like Ogunquit? I've never heard of it before.
    Next time you visit New England get closer and visit Connecticut :))

    ReplyDelete