Wednesday, August 23, 2017

And so it is August!

August is here!! Now instead of hearing the birds we now hear the crickets. We have an orchestra of crickets. Summer is giving signs that it's coming to an end. The sun is shining outdoors and we are going out for a walk. School has started here and the kids are very excited to start school again. Hope all is going well for each one of you.
I finished my crochet lap blanket finally.


 These brownies are awesome!! Not a cake like brownie but more like fudge. It's so delicious with a cup of coffee. I am for sure making it again. Recipe. 
 In front of the house we have one bouquet of pink hydrangea. It is it's first bloom.

 My son who was visiting here walked with me to see the lake which is just a few minutes walk from here.
 Love these fruits. It brings memories of the days we lived in Zimbabwe (for 3 years) and a boy would be selling these by the road. In there we would get them so nice and reddish. It was always so ripe and sweet but these were the next best thing.

 Dinner for two! I had not yet place the wine on the table or decorated the pork chops with some rosemary.


 A couple from our church renewed their wedding vowels. It was a very beautiful ceremony. My husband officiated it. The gentleman is a retired ex-marine and she was a teacher somewhere in the South. This was at their farm place here in ND but they have a house in the South and live there for the Winter.
 When I was in Boston I really enjoyed a Boston Baked beans so I tried to make it here at home.


 Love the aroma of the leaves in Lantanas.

 Never in my life did I had a garden so full of weeds. It's tiny and the tomatoes all have the blight.
 I add some turmeric to my smoothie sometimes. It's a powerful anti inflammatory.
 Waffles!! Used this recipe.
 Our breakfast corner. It's always a mess with devotionals that we read after a meal, phone, ipads, etc. The flowers were given by a friend from church.
 Love these flowers but with the drought was looking sad. It's a bit better now.
Wishing everyone a great week! May love and peace always be present in your life! Thank you for your visit in the previous post! I have tried to fix the video in the previous post, my apologies for that and hope it's working now. I looove the ocean and wish I could live near the ocean someday. 
Hugs !!
Angela

20 comments :

  1. So many great items in this post, Angela. Love the lap quilt, the recipes, the flowers, to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie!! I enjoy crochet very much and the good thing is I can donate some of those I make to our church.

      Delete
  2. Angela, so many pretty pictures (beautiful flowers) and delicious food here today. I loved peeking at what you've been up to! Happy weekend to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim for your visit! It has been a great weekend!!

      Delete
  3. The lap blanket is beautiful, Angela. Love the colors. We enjoy brownies here and I always have some in the refrigerator. Mine are gluten-free and I add dried cranberries, walnuts and dark chocolate chips. Yours look delicious. I noticed a caprese salad on your table. One of my favorites! Enjoy the weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat lots of cake duo to cholesterol issues but here and there I make a small pan of homemade brownies. Gluten free sounds great and with all those extras like you make sounds really good! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  4. Lovely lap rug. Lantana is a pest plant which we destroy as quickly as possible here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deb interesting to hear about Lantana. Here we value Lantana very much. We plant on pots. It dies completely when the heavy snow comes in the Winter.

      Delete
  5. The lap blanket is lovely. And yum! Waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely indeed and nice photos. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful flowers from your garden, that chocolate brownie recipe looks good too! Hope you have a good September too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela! Okay, you got me - what was the fruit you were preparing? Lovely blanket - the colors you chose are gorgeous. I'm sad to see everything turning kind of yellow but my mood lifts with cooler weather. I can't work outside much when it's so hot. Sorry about your tomatoes. Maybe try the cherry or grape variety, like I do. I find they're much heartier. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty colours on your crocheted blanket! How did the Boston baked beans turn out?
    The fruit are lichees, very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket is very pretty, Angela - such gorgeous colors. I was wondering what the fruits were, but reading the comments, now I know they are lichees. I have never tried them. We have had a very hot and dry summer here, too. I have had to let some things wither and it is so hard to see. I will have to try adding turmeric to my smoothies. I just bought some for the health benefits and wondered what I could add it to! All the delicious food you shared has made me hungry....Love the beautiful flowers, too. Hope you have a lovely start to September. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are enjoying your September. I really like your crochet lap blanket. It looks so cozy and perfect for fall. Your flowers are lovely - the pink hydrangea is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed the pictures very much..

    I'm following you..

    Will you follow me back please.

    http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always enjoy a visit with you Angela! Yes, fall is definitely on its way here too. That was a very interesting fruit you shared, I've never seen one like it! How lovely that your husband officiated at the renewing of the vows for this couple. I have lived on the ocean growing up as a child, and now live inland, but looking at all the hurricanes hitting the coastal areas, makes me thankful I am now inland, and not worried about a hurricane. I always enjoy your pictures and snippets from your life! You have some lovely flowers growing! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pics. Lantana is considered a noxious weed, but it does have a distinctive scent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a treat whenever I visit you, Angela. It is nearly impossible to comment on all the wonderful things you post without creating another blog post. :)
    Your cooking never fails to make me drool.
    That blanket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete