Sunday, September 1, 2019

Hurray September is here!

It has awhile! You wonder if I had disappeared from the face of the earth. No, but I have been busy with company and household issues. It has been cool here and August was quite cool indeed. It's 72 degrees Fahrenheit today and it's considered warm. It's Labor Day and a good time to go out. We have my husband's brother visiting so my husband and son went fishing with husband's brother. Happy Labor Day to you if you're in the US.
I made a pompom for Ellie's hat.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
These are at our friend's Sharman's house and they are called egg coddlers. She has a large collection of these in two sizes. She had more than what we see here.

 Trying to use my basil for it will be gone soon. I love Caprese salad.
 Sometimes just a protein powder smoother is all I need.
Frozen bananas and blueberries or strawberries
Making with the frozen is best.

 This was a Sharman's house, she loves to collect things. These are children's tea set. She had a large amount of these tea sets.

 We had an incredible amount of Monarchs butterflies and I took lots of photos but for some reason I can't find the card that contains the photos.

 My husband makes machine made bread but I love to make these other types of bread and no machine is needed. See youtube .

 Great bread to eat with a warm bowl of soup. It's getting colder around here.
 I'm getting anxious to put these squares together.
 Ammi Dara looked like pale pink on pack but it's the color of red wine in real life. The other are not going to florish. I presume I needed to start it indoors a couple months before it was warm enough to plant outside.
 Very dark chocolate cake, it's in fact a black cake. The recipe is from Alicia. Here.


 The women of the church in the country sell these sets of embroidered sack towels. I love their work.



“My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to all who them, and health to all their flesh. ”

Proverbs 4:20-22

Cheeseburger Soup  (from SD)

1 to 1 /12 Lbs hamburger
1 c. celery
1 c. onions diced
2  c. carrots 
8 c. potatoes
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
6-8 cups chicken broth
1/2 c. sour cream
1 stick of butter
1/2 c. flour
3 c. milk
1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
Brown hamburger. Add vegetables, broth and spices. Cook till vegetables are done. Add butter and cheese, melt. Mix flour with milk and add. Add sour cream and heat. 

May September be a lovely month for us all. Peace and love!
Angela

32 comments :

  1. Your little hat is so sweet! What pattern do you use? Those towels are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Thanks! I did not used a pattern. I started with a 5 chain and used single crochet doing regular increases and then when the circumference of the head was achieved I started to decrease. I know it's a bit crazy but somehow it works in the end.

      Delete
  2. "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

    Amen!

    Your blackberry shake looks DELISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake!!!!!!!!
    My birthday is coming soon, and I think I know what I am requesting!
    So nice to visit here this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes so good!! It's a great birthday cake! :) Thanks Billie Jo!

      Delete
  4. You have so many lovely things here now! Lovely day to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post...from the hat, the collections, the cake and embroidery. It was a lovely summer by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice Summer Marie, now the trees are already changing colors around here, hard to believe!

      Delete
  6. I didn’t know what an egg coddler was. Learned something new. 😊
    Those embroidered sack towels are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either, it was a surprise to see all of those egg coddlers!

      Delete
  7. Angela, your posts always make me wish I were a better chef and crafter. So many lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wish I could do all the great things you do! Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  8. Such a sweet hat with the most perfect pom pom.
    I need to drink more smoothies that are healthy like the ones you have. I want to lose weight and maybe the smoothies are the way to go. So hard at my age.

    Ah the bread looks so delicious along with the bowl of soup. What kind is it? I want some.
    I used to make bread bowls that looked like one your husband made, only a little smaller because I used it to hold soup and now seeing this delicious looking bread, I will have to make some more.
    There is a recipe for a German bread I made many moons ago that I let it rise under water. I am trying to find that recipe again but no luck so far. It had a hard crust after baking.
    Such a nice post to read today along with wonderful pictures. Feed sack towels are great and ones I would purchase if I could. Used to see towels like this when I was a young girl at my grandmothers.
    very nice.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy! That is Cheeseburger soup. I will include recipe here. Your German bread sounds great!

      Delete
  9. PRECIOSO ESE GORRITO DE BEBE!!!
    Y LOS BORDADOS ME ENCANTAN TENGO UNOS PARECIDOS DE HACE MUCHOS AÑO.
    TODO ME GUSTA!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tu agosto ha debido ser estupendo!!! Esperemos que septiembre sea igual o mejor. Un saludo :))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy September and happy labor day dear Angela

    i eagerly wait for your beautiful monthly post :)

    i hope your son and hubby enjoy fishing with your brother inlaw ,family reunion is precious indeed!

    i fell in love with this cute gorgeous hat ,your knitting had magical charm :)))

    monarch butterflies are common in my native area and this image reminded me days when i chased them with my friends

    sack by church lady also reminded me my dear mom who always preferred to used home made sacks for shopping and she would made many and even give away her friends

    your soup sounds yummy with homemade bread which is always best :) cold protein drink looks compelling as suits hot weather i think
    i absolutely LOVED pink flowers ,so pretty and cutely gorgeous !

    birds beaded on wire look soothingly lovely
    may you have happy and serene days ahead my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post sharing all the good things you've been doing during August. The egg coddlers and china sets are delightful, the food looks delicious. I like the fresh flowers decorating the cake. What a blessing to see flowers, birds and butterflies during Summer days. Thank you for the scriptures and for your prayers dear blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love seeing all the sweet things you've been doing and sharing, Angela. Such pretty needle-works and wonderful collections. Such yummy things to eat, too. Thank you for the recipes! I've been away from blogging a while, too, and trying to catch up. Lovely scriptures. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been so busy and no time to dedicate to crochet or any other crafts. I hope that things will slow down a bit soon. Thank you for much for your visit Karen!! Hugs!!

      Delete
  14. Stopping over from Baili's blog!
    Lovely seeing your photographs, and that Caprese salad looks delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spread the needles over the beds in a layer that is approximately 2-inches deep. Over time, the needles will begin to decay, supplying the soil with acid as they do.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try to stay active and avoid erratic dieting. Many people like to hit the diet hard, meaning they are very aggressive with their program. These sudden and major changes in your body can impact hormone production, as well as confusing your system. Avoid diets that suggest major changes to diet and activity immediately, if cellulite is a concern.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Therefore, to really start eliminating the condition and the bumpy appearance everyone dreads, embark on a clean diet of unprocessed foods and fresh water. It will not be long at all until the cellulite starts to become a distant memory.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ammi dara flowers are incredibly beautiful dear Angela i wish i can see them around

    i absolutely LOVE your quotes and verses ,indeed it is faith that differentiate and characterize you ,with faith no fear makes you shiver but strengthen you to stay unshakable and undefeated front of all storms
    your food ,salad and cake is so appealing and inviting :)

    love hugs and prays !

    ReplyDelete