Saturday, April 20, 2019

Sunshine!

We have sunshine and nice temperature. It's 69 degrees right now. I can hardly believe it. I went for a short walk to see the lake. I hoped to see a few birds. There was no birds around. The ditches are full of water and I could hear the frogs in concert and a rooster in a house somewhat near.

 One of the first flowers of Spring on North side of the house.
 The lake
 Picking cards to send to our missionaries overseas.
Banana bread
 One of the first flowers of Spring
 British daisy
Great dressing for potato salad or Macaroni salad.

 This is not a lake but someone's field. We had way too much snow this year!
 Last year hydrangeas.
 Swiss Chard, I hope it grows enough here in this egg cartoon. This is my first time attempting to grow seeds like this. I love this vegetable and so does my daughter and I had none in the garden when she came for a visit. I couldn't find it anywhere around!! So, hopefully this year...
 In this photo I need a girl with red hair, braids and straw hat waiting for Matthew Cuthbert to come and pick her up.
 We see lots of this when we drive to the fitness center in a town nearby. I love the vastness and blue sky.
 A farm nearby...the road to the entrance is completely under water.
 This is the closest I got to the Snow Geese.
 Nice farm house nearby
 Handsome ....I know that in reality he didn't look like this but this is a great image!
 I liked this commentary....even if our temples burn down we must not worry..."we are ourselves houses of prayer."
 I will try...It's so cute!  By Alicia Paulson
 I just had to get it....I got it used so will pass on to another person. I used to live by a great library once upon a time and could gets books without having to buy everyone of them but now I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to buy books. Thank goodness for Amazon used books.
 My daughter read The Chronicles Of Rebecca and Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm when she was younger and she was telling me she it from her grandma's library. I went to Amazon and found it. Not only I found it but I have found one of these old ones like the ones she read at grandma's house. She will be happy to get both books as a gift!
 It's impossible to take any photos of geese or ducks flying around here because they fly so incredibly high!
 Miss this place!!

May you have a happy Easter!!!    He is risen!

20 comments :

  1. Lovely photos!

    I wonder how close to that old painting He looked. I have heard short, curly hair, of course Middle Eastern, etc... but the Shroud of Turin looks like that painting.

    He is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it does reminds us of the Shroud of Turin! I love it!

      Delete
  2. He is risen indeed! Alleluia! Geese flying high in the blue sky, well-loved books to be re-read, the first Spring flowers to enjoy... may you and yours have a blessed and meaningful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great and peaceful around here! Thanks for the visit!!

      Delete
  3. My grandmother had that picture in her house and I had completely forgotten that until I saw your! It brought back a very nice memory for me...
    Blessed Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! Wish you could had let a link to your blog so I could reciprocate the visit. :)

      Delete
  4. Such glorious images.

    I will try this recipe too, Angela.

    The countryside is beautiful. It had lots of snow covering this year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the recipe works for you Marie. A very sweet lady from our church gave me this recipe. Thank you for your visit!

      Delete
  5. Your photos are beautiful. Those flowers are amazing.
    The Alicia Paulson embroidery kit is enchanting. I try to to stick to my own designs in crafting, but her designs are calling out to me!
    I could not live that far from a bookstore! I really love our Half Price Books here in Madison, but I also make regular visits to one of the indie booksellers, A Room of One's Own. And that is in addition to heavy library use. I am quite spoiled in the book category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caffeine Girl!! I love books too but sadly to far from libraries :( What an adorable bookstore!! I googled it and got to see what it looks like! You got it good there among all those books! I knew a lady from Madison. She lived in a tiny town in SD when we lived there. Her family still lives there.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your lovely photos. Have a blessed second Easter day! <3

    ps. Never heard about a banana bread. It tastes marvellous; I think. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos PiipeA ! We love banana bread. I call it banana cake sometimes.

      Delete
  7. Sunshine is good!! I can’t believe all the water. That’s crazy! Hope your Easter was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, the water is going down a bit but we are still concerned for a lot of farmers. Our Easter was great including all the church activities (Seder meal, etc.)

      Delete
  8. So glad that you are getting some warm sunshine, Angela! The views are so pretty, but oh, so much water! Hopefully that will help the crops later in the season. Love the Alicia Paulsen needlework. The books are such a nice, thoughtful gift for your daughter. Hope you had a lovely Easter! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. karen, the days are beautiful now however I hear coller days ahead this weekend around 40 degrees and not much warmer for next week :0 Well it's better than -20 and snow!

      Delete
  9. Hope this 69 degree is not bothering dear Angela !

    may be snow will take some time to melt away

    very first flowers of spring are just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

    very beautifully captured !

    the white tiny flowers with blue strips are not familiar ,so pretty :)

    i hope your favorite vegetable grows fast until your daughter visit you

    how amazing that you found the old books by amazon ,i have only seen the movie Rebecca when i was young

    this banana bread looks incredibly delicious!

    I always love prayers you share ,absolutely true that Lord live within us !

    Wishing you a peaceful joyous Easter my friend!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baili! You're very kind and thoughtful! I hope your Easter time was quiet and peaceful! Hugs!!

      Delete
  10. I am happy I discovered your blog, Angela. It is full of very beautiful pictures, nice recipes and good reminders of what life is made of - simple things that are the essence of a happy life. I wish you a nice week! Sandrine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Sandrine!! I enjoy your blog very much as well!!

    ReplyDelete