Friday, June 21, 2019

Lake vacation

It has been weeks of busy days. First busy week was VBS then church conference and then going to for  the lake vacation with family. Finally home and caring for lots of laundry. It has been raining and cloudy here. Summer has started officially now let's see if we can see a few warm and sunny days. I have not done a lot of crochet or reading but mostly going to one place or another. We have a wedding to go this weekend and today we are going to the rehearsal.
Love this time of the year!
 It was a bit chilly and it rained.
 Having tea outside very early in the morning.

 “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!”  Psalm:107:1














Golden Alexander, very common in Minnesota.


 His sweet mom and brother.

Red Columbine also very common in Minnesota and this was  right by the water.
 The resort is the distance.


 This old guy is the sweetest.



 I devided to place a couple of bird feeds in the backyard and we have cute visitors there.


May you be blessed!!  ~  “By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:35) ~
Hugs,
Angela

17 comments :

  1. Angela,
    What beautiful photos!
    Thank you for sharing them, especially the lake ones.
    We have had rain here as well. It is sunny but cool today.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Joe! It's dark, cloudy and windy here...looks like rain is coming. It was quite humid earlier in the day! :) It's only June 29 so let's hope the high temps will stay away for a few days.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful photos! Great capture of the goldfinch at the feeder. Blessings to you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of your vacation. A walk by the river and time by the lake looks like a good way to spend some of your Summer days. I trust your wedding celebration this weekend will bring blessings. Enjoy your time at home in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedding was beautiful! The same family had a grandchild baptized today. Summer fun!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful photos! I was glad to see the book of Finnish recepies. Have you already made some Finnish food?
    Be blessed, have a nice sunday and sunny summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I make Pannukakku and Kalamojakka! I make it sometimes.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos. I would never want to leave such beauty.
    I see the Finnish cookbook. The Finns know how to cook and I so enjoyed Finnish sweet pastry with cardamon while I was visiting in Florida years back. Now I use cardamom quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Betsy, the Finns can make delicious food. I love making some Finnish recipes sometimes. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  6. Dear Angela i am glad you enjoyed the summer days by visiting wonderful places and events
    this lack is ABSORBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    this serenity and natural beauty is soothing and magical and your captures reflect it so finely :)

    best of luck for rehearsal for the upcoming wedding my friend!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was peaceful Baili! Nature has a way to make us calm down. The wedding was great!! Thank you for your visit and kind comment.

      Delete
  7. I love your photos. The sunsets are amazing. And those yellow birds! So gorgeous!
    I love the north woods. In August, I'm going up to the North Shore of Minnesota with friends. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are coming North to MN for a vacation! I waited for so long to have bird feeders but now that I have them I just love watching them. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you ladies for your visit and kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty place, Angela, and I enjoyed reading the history, too. Love those beautiful sunrise and sunset photos - it looks so peaceful there. I noticed the heart rock - I collect them, too :) Always love sharing your charming world - hope the wedding was fun. Blessings and hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wedding was great! Thank you Karen for the visit and the kind comment!! Hugs and blessings to you as well!!

      Delete