Saturday, July 6, 2019

July 2019

We traveled under heavy rain from Iowa here. I don't really enjoy driving under those circumstances but one has to do it sometimes. It was a nice trip otherwise. Hope you had a fun 4th of July!  The children came over to offer me a kitten! They had twelve of them. I declined because we have two cats and that's all we can have for now.

4th of July in Iowa.


There is a big lake to right.
 4 th of July



On the way from where my mom in law lives and my sister in law.
My Zucchini plant
Our lillies are open now
I planted this a corner and it's not doing well. Placing grass clipping around it to keep weeds off.
One of our hydrangeas

My potted plants looks dry...I left my son in charge of watering plants...hummm.
At my friend's Millie's house in Iowa
Millie's house





Millie loves to plant these for the butterflies.






At our friend's house in Iowa

This is my mom in law's tree.
We have been watching The Handmaid's Tale. We highly recommend it. I am sort of sensitive so some scenes I had to remove myself from the room but the story makes us very scary because we are little by little building a society that will came to that. I fear for the future of this place. Sorry for photo with subtitles, husband is hearing impaired and needs subtitles. The series is based on the book of the same name by Margaret Atwood.   The words here are about a spicy tea to help the lady to accelerate birth.

My sister in law who is a teacher retired this year. These are a few of the books I bought from her. I got a lot more than what you see here. She has a big library at home but she needs to get ready of a few books. She bought lots of books to use with her students.
Got these are a library sale

May the Lord bless you always. Enjoy your Summer!!  Thanks for sharing about your plans!! 




8 comments :

  1. Your friend’s garden is lovely. The summer blooms are glorious, aren’t they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice trip. It looks as if everyone had a fun time by the lake. It's good to have a change of scene and look around other people's gardens. Some beautiful blooms there and in your own garden. I hope those sweet kittens find good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature seems to shower her delight and grace over your land dear Angela :)

    flowers are truly beautiful and so well captured ,they just made my day :) thank you for enchanting images

    water looks MESMERIZING ! ,loved it

    cats look adorable but i think you made good decision as you know it is time and energy consuming hobby indeed

    your knitting is so appealing

    books you got from your sister in law look compelling

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Gail Gibbons book! My kids and I loved those back in the day when we read picture books.
    I absolutely hate traveling in storms, so I give you credit for getting through it. And it looks like you had a wonderful trip that was worth it.
    So many lovely flower photos! I have to say that my favorite of all those flowers in the butterfly plant -- beautiful and useful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely photos!
    Love the books.
    One can never have enough!
    Have a cozy Sunday afternoon. my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books. I just purchased a few from a little shop here where I live. I see the original price of the book was 15 cents a long time back.
    I love the looks of that water. So peaceful and relaxing. I planted some butterfly weed outside my window so I can watch them while sitting here. Right now a storm with thunder and lightning strikes.
    Have good Sunday evening
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s a beautiful garden. Flowers are absolutely gorgeous.
    Sounds like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me encanta el jardín de Millie, voy a tomar alguna idea para el mío. Feliz semana!!!!!

    ReplyDelete