Sunday, April 5, 2020

April 2020

Made masks using this pattern.... here.        Placed a green branch in the door since we could go to church for Palm Sunday.
 Exod.22:27 "I am a merciful God."
 The lake is still frozen but it won't be long
 Ps. 145:17  The Lord is righteous in everything he does; He is filled with kindness.

 I dry every Bay leaf with a cotton towel then place it back inside it's original plastic container that it come with from the grocery store but first I make lots of holes in the plastic container then place it back in the door of the refrigerator and wait till every leaf is nice and dry before placing them in a jar in the cupboard. They retain they color and aroma.


 Early in the morning

 Apple cake.

 Thank goodness we live in a rural area and we go for a walk to refresh the mind and body.

 Somebody got a cute tiny cottage but I got the photo because I love these trees. Every time I pass by this cottage I look at these trees.

 We go by the lake when we take walks.

Started to add squares together... someday...!
Keep faith that this too shall pass!!  May you are safe and finding comfort in days that you can stay home and do things that are cozy like read, cook, sew and enjoy your family and pets.  Sending hugs!
Angela

6 comments :

  1. I love those trees against that blue sky, Angela. Take care in these uncertain times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many hugs sent to you Angela. These times will pass. Sorry that it takes something like this virus to make some stop and see what is really important in life. Its such a horrible thing but I wake up in the morning to the sunshine, blooming flowers and birds singing like not a thing is wrong in the world. Feels strange in a way. So thankful to have this beauty, kind of like a silver lining, a rainbow. All will be well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say thank you for the pattern of the face mask. I will use it as I don't have one. These face masks look so nice and neat, not like some thick bulky ones I have seen.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have almost the same amount of snow as we have:) Blessed Easter my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love seeing your gorgeous 'big sky' shots, Angela. It must be amazing on a clear night to see all the stars! Thank you for the tip on preserving the bay leaf. I use it in stew and sauces, but the dried leaves in the spice section of the grocery store are always so crumbly and old. Your blanket is coming along nicely and looks so pretty. Peace and blessings for your Easter. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt is DIVINE dear Angela !!!

    food is absolutely appealing and looks delicious ,how wise to use bay leaves to absorb aroma :)

    this is fortunate to have such serene absorbing surroundings to walk indeed .i loved the frozen lake and sky is gorgeous
    Yes Lord is merciful and most justified in his doings ,we need insight to learn how he speak to us through nature and such hardships
    keep taking good care my friend ,stay well and healthy!

    ReplyDelete