Saturday, May 18, 2019

Chicago

We just got back from Chicago where we were for one week. We have a family member who lives in a suburb of Chicago. Thought I would share a few of the photos I took awhile walking along the river.
Great place for a visit!
"The Gentlemen Statues was created by Ju Ming.  It was installed in 2015. It is made in his signature style, blocky and minimalist, the figures are reduced to the basic form intentionally to embrace the inner spiritual qualities within the human bodies."




A bit dark I know. I lost my good brand new camera a year ago and felt so disgusted that I have not had the inclination to buy another and have been using a Nikon point and shoot.




School concert, our nephew was playing and we really enjoyed watching him. He plays on the Symphonic band and Jazz band.


One of many
He was tired of walking.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g35805-d10470966-Reviews-Heald_Square_Monument-Chicago_Illinois.html           Heald Square monument.


It's great to see the reflections of the boats passing on the side of this building.
We took this boat trip before and it's pretty enjoyable!




22 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful city. A great place to visit though I can’t imagine living there. Then again if my family was there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are things about Chicago that I don't like and would not live there. We like the country. My brother in law lives a bit more than 1.5 hours from Chicago. I like cities only to visit. :)

      Delete
  2. TODO ME PARECE HERMOSO!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had no idea Chicago was so beautiful!

    Love the monument of businessmen...or are they 1920's gangsters? (The hats.)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gentlemen's statue...I had to laugh Sandi ...gangsters!! Ha ha, that was good!! I added info about it.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha! Ok, but I still see Bugsy Malone!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos. Point and shoot cameras are not bad at all. I rarely take my good camera now because it’s bulky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil!! Yes those cameras are bulky and heavy.

      Delete
  5. What a city!
    Have a nice, sunny and blessed sunday!
    The sun is shining in Finland, too. It's going to be a lovely and warm day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Chicago a great city? We're about 2.5 hours north of it, and we don't get down there enough.
    I love all the neighborhoods and the museums, too. I'm glad you had a good time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like Chicago!! Whau, you live pretty close to it. We had it a bit longer this time...got the rush hour around Minneapolis so 13 hrs wasn't fun.

      Delete
  7. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i have seen Chicago only in movies dear Angela but through your eyes it seems so serene and so tranquil :)

    i would love to walk beside the calm lovely river which is not surrounded by natural phenomena though yet looks absolutely charming and appealing ,of course water's own special appeal !

    taking boat trip must be fun

    how nice that you watched your nephew playing ,such a pride and pleasure to find our youngsters as successful and full of life :)

    thank you sooo much for sharing the glimpse of your magnificent walk my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree water is special. If you come to Chicago someday I recommend the boat tour. Thanks for the visit Baili!

      Delete
  8. Chicago looks so beautiful and it looks like you had a great time! I absolutely love visiting new cities! I'm definitely a city mouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a pretty city. I wouldn't like to live by a city I sure don't mind visiting. I miss cultural events a lot living here in the country.

      Delete
  9. What a neat looking city. I was there many years ago and it was in the winter months. Brrr..Cold..
    I loved visiting there and going into the Sears tower. A second time when I was out to visit in Colorado where my daughter lived, and stopped in here too at that time. I enjoyed it. I love seeing the water.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago is a pretty city with lots to do. I recommend it! They were showing the West Side Story awhile we were there but we were so tired by the end of the day that going anywhere was not possible. We are getting old!

      Delete
  10. It looks like a beautiful city to visit for a very good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, cities are for one to visit only when one must. :)

      Delete